You might find the Dahon Mu Uno familiar, it is because it is the more advanced version of the Dahon Speed Uno. If you love the Speed Uno, the Mu Uno might be a good upgrade for you.
The problem is that the Mu Uno is much more expensive. So what make the price difference? Keep reading for my insightful review.
Specifications & Features
- Color: Black
- Folded size: 30.7″ × 25.9″ x 10.2″ (78 × 66 x 26 cm)
- Weight: 22 lbs (9.9 kg)
- Frame: PA Series, 7005 butted aluminum alloy frame
- Fork: Dahon SlipStream aluminum
- Speeds: 1
- Gear inches: 57″
- Tires: Schwalbe Marathon Racer, 20×1.5
- Rims: Kinetix Comp
- Reliable V-Clamp quick-release frame hinge
- Folding Radius V stem
- Brakes: front dual-pivot caliper and rear coaster brake by Shimano
- Front hub: Kinetix Neutron, 24h
- Rear hub: Shimano coaster, 24h
- Clip system: Magnetix
- Seatpost:34 x 580 mm, BioLogic PostPump+ (integrated pump)
- Crankset: Kinetix Supra 6061, 46T
- Maximum rider weight: 230 lbs (105 kg)
- Suggested rider height: 4’8″ – 6’4″
- Shipping Carton Dimensions: 33″ x 12″ x 25.6″ (84cm x 31cm x 65cm)
- Carton weight: 32 lbs
If you tried the Dahon Speed Uno and you felt unsafe when relying solely on the rear coaster brake, the Mu Uno might be a better option in this case, especially when many countries require one brake for each wheel. Apart from the coaster brake, the Mu Uno is also equipped with a front dual-pivot caliper brake, so you will get used to the bike in no time.
Another important difference is the weight. The Mu Uno is even 2 lbs lighter than the Speed Uno (newer versions might have the same weight). The number sounds small but it will make you life much easier when you have to carry the bike from and to public transportation. The Mu Uno is more lightweight but it doesn’t affect the frame at all, the frame is still very sturdy and I’ve never heard a noise coming from the hinge.
Last but not least, the Mu Uno will really make you ready for cycling all the time with the BioLogic PostPump+ seatpost. You no longer have to mount a mini bike pump on the frame as there is a pump integrated in the seatpost. Watch the video to see how it works.
In terms of riding experience, it is pretty much the same as on the Speed Uno. The lighter bike might help you cycle faster but the difference is insignificant. The single-speed Mu Uno is suitable for riding on paved roads and low hills.
- Minimal design.
- The matte black finish is more enduring
- Dual-pivot caliper front brake and brake lever are included
- Built-in seat pump
- Not suitable for climbing hills or speedy rides.
The Mu Uno is the best folding bike you can buy for the money. We totally recommend the folding bike.
Disclosure: I might earn commission from qualifying purchases. We use the commission to maintain the website, buy new products and create content for free, so thank you!