Dahon Vybe is the new line of folding bike introduced by Dahon in 2014. Dahon Vybe C7A is the first bike in the series and it soon became one of the best-selling Dahon bikes in Asia as well as in the US. Why are people so interested in the bike? We’re going to find out in the review.
Specifications & Features
- Colors: Obsidian Black, Frost White
- Folded dimensions: 31.5″ × 26″ x 11.8″ (80cm x 66cm x 30cm)
- Weight: 25.26 lbs (11.46 kg)
- Speeds: 7
- Gear inches: 32.8″ – 76.6″
- Frame: AA Series – Dalloy Aluminum with Dahon Visegrip Technology
- Fork: Integrated Fusion technology
- Tires: 20″ x 1.50″
- Rims: 20″ x 1.5″ alloy single wall, 28H
- Front hub: aluminum, silver, 28H
- Rear hub: alloy, 7 speed, freewheel, 32H
- Handlepost: Radius, Fusion and V-clamp technology
- Handlebar: 6061-T6 alloy, flat
- Seatpost: alloy, superoversized
- Shifter: 7 speed, index twist shifter
- Rear derailleur: 7-speed Dahon Neos Derailleur
- Brakes: alloy, V-brake, 110 mm
- Crankset: forged alloy 6061 arms, double chainguard, 46T
- Bottom bracket: 5-piece set, CP with ED axle
- Pedals: folding
- Kickstand: alloy
- Suggested height for riders: 4’8″ – 6’4″ (142 to 193 cm)
- Maximum rider weight: 230 lbs. (105 kgs.)
- Shipping weight: 35 lbs
- Box dimensions: 33″ x 25.6″ x 12″
As mentioned above, Vybe C7A is the first bike in the series and Dahon has just released the new Vybe D7 this year in North America. They are basically the same bike, there are just a couple of minor changes on the Vybe D7. For example, the D7 now comes with a matte finish instead of glossy finish on the C7A. Besides, Vybe D7 uses the 7-Speed Shimano FT35 rear derailleur to replace the more compact Dahon Neos 7-speed derailleur. Apart from those changes, the Vybe D7 has almost the same size, weight and design as the C7A. The C7A is even slightly lighter and looks more like a luxurious bike, thanks to the glossy finish on its frame.
All bikes in the Vybe series have very affordable prices and they are probably the cheapest multi-geared Dahon folding bikes. Although the bike comes with average components, I feel quite comfortable riding it in the city. The 7-speed drivetrain is quite easy to pedal and it can climb some low hills as well.
Besides, the bike is equipped with a comfortable saddle, kickstand and fenders, so everything is ready out of the box. You almost just need to take it out and hit the road.
- Lightweight and sturdy aluminum frame
- Comfortable saddle
- Easy to fold and unfold
- Beautiful design
- Rear and front fenders/mudguards are included
- Low price
- No cons at this price
We highly recommend the Dahon Vybe C7A, a good solid and trustworthy folding bike for city dwellers. It beats all other competitions in the low price range.