Folding bikes are no longer expensive. If you follow our recent reviews, you can see that now we have a lot of choices when it comes to budget folding bikes. Let’s take a look at Hasa Folding Foldable Bike Sram 6-Speed, another folder with high rating on Amazon.
Specifications & Features
- Color: Black, White
- Weight: 27.5 lbs (12.5 kg)
- Folded dimensions: 33″ x 25″ x 13″ (84cm x 64cm x 33cm)
- Frame: Aluminum 6061 Alloy
- Fork: Aluminum 6061 Alloy
- Speeds: 6
- Wheel size: 20″
- Tires: KENDA 20″x1.5 K-193
- Stem: Stainless DS050 Steel with adjustable height
- Handlebar: Alloy Flat Bar 510mm Long
- Seatpost: 40.2mm x 510mm, alloy
- Saddle: VELO VL-4022
- Brake Levers: PROMAX Alloy BL-46G
- Front and Rear Brakes: PROMAX TX-107C
- Shifter: Shimano RevoShift 6 Speed Right Twist Shifter
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano RD-TY18SSD 6 Speed
- Crankset: JLATAI JT0S1022 170mm 48-Teeth Aluminum Alloy with Chain Guard
- Bottom Bracket: HONGTLAN HT-W01 With Ball Bearing
- Cassette: SHIMANO MFTZ20 6 Speed 14-28T
- Chain: KMC C30 106 Link
- Rims: Aluminum Alloy 20″ 28 Holes
- Hubs: ACCESS Aluminum Alloy Hubs AE-601F and AE-601R
- Spokes: Stainless Steel 14G
- Pedals: VP-F55
- Fenders: Plastic
- Rear Rack: Steel
- Maximum rider’s weight: 240 lbs.
- Suggested rider’s height: 4’8″ to 6’3″
- Carton dimensions: 13″ x 33″ x 26.5″
- Shipping weight: 34.2 lbs (15.5 kg)
When I received the Hasa, I was a little surprised because this is absolutely not a bike with Sram components like the product name and description imply. It actually uses Shimano RevoShift 6-speed shifter and Shimano RD-TY18SSD 6-Speed rear derailleur. Fortunately, I prefer Shimano components, so this is actually a beneficial mistake.
As this is a folder for low-budget riders, Hasa has to use some cheap components to reduce the cost. When I took the bike out of the box, I saw that its fenders were slightly bent. Besides, folding and unfolding process on the bike is not as fast and smooth as Dahon bikes.
The Hasa bike uses the aluminum 6061 alloy frame, therefore, you can see that the bike is a lot lighter than its direct competitions like Schwinn Loop or Durban Bay 6. The weight takes into account all included accessories like mudguards and rear rack.
I expected the Hasa would deliver the same riding experience as other bikes at the price range, but it is even a little better. The saddle is comfortable and the drivetrain performs fairly good although gear shifting is quite noisy. Notice that you should adjust the derailleur before hitting the road because mine was not calibrated correctly. Otherwise, the frame hinge and latch are quite sturdy, so I don’t feel like I’m riding a folding bicycle at all.
- Solid frame
- Mudguards and rack are included
- Well-performing drivetrain
- Lighter than its competitions
- Requires a strap to hold wheels together
- Folding is not smooth
- Some cheap components
The Hasa is obviously one of the best choices if you are looking for a low-budget folding bike with multiple gears. We highly recommend the bike.
Buy Hasa Folding Foldable Bike on Amazon
Disclosure: I might earn commission from qualifying purchases. We use the commission to maintain the website, buy new products and create content for free, so thank you!
As someone who has recently been considering a folding bike, this website is a godsend! Well written and thought out arguments to and for each model. My only qualm, as I weigh in the neighborhood of 240# is that the weight limit information doesn’t seem to be included with every review. Otherwise, keep up the good work!
I have this bike for about a year and I would rate it around 7 too.
Perfect for once-in-a-while casual rides or cycling on footpaths at pedestrian pace. I don’t ride it more than 16km because the saddle is factory std, comfy enough though. Rear rack isn’t really useful for me because its too close to the pedal. My heel can snag my 20L backpack when its on the rack. Best to ride this at sight-seeing pace as you will not be able to keep up with non-folding bikes. Finally it stashes well in a corner or in boot of my car since its a folding bike.